Wondering what to do with your required minimum distribution?

DATE | 12/13/18
array(5) { [0]=> array(5) { ["file"]=> string(72) "Wondering-what-to-do-with-your-required-minimum-distribution-150x83.jpeg" ["width"]=> int(150) ["height"]=> int(83) ["mime-type"]=> string(10) "image/jpeg" ["url"]=> string(127) "" } [1]=> array(5) { ["file"]=> string(73) "Wondering-what-to-do-with-your-required-minimum-distribution-300x165.jpeg" ["width"]=> int(300) ["height"]=> int(165) ["mime-type"]=> string(10) "image/jpeg" ["url"]=> string(128) "" } [2]=> array(5) { ["file"]=> string(73) "Wondering-what-to-do-with-your-required-minimum-distribution-480x264.jpeg" ["width"]=> int(480) ["height"]=> int(264) ["mime-type"]=> string(10) "image/jpeg" ["url"]=> string(128) "" } [3]=> array(5) { ["file"]=> string(73) "Wondering-what-to-do-with-your-required-minimum-distribution-768x422.jpeg" ["width"]=> int(768) ["height"]=> int(422) ["mime-type"]=> string(10) "image/jpeg" ["url"]=> string(128) "" } [4]=> array(3) { ["width"]=> int(900) ["height"]=> int(495) ["url"]=> string(120) "" } } ===========array(5) { [0]=> array(10) { ["media_query"]=> int(0) ["url"]=> string(127) "" ["width"]=> int(150) ["next_break"]=> int(150) ["ratio"]=> bool(false) ["acceptable_h"]=> int(0) ["acceptable_w"]=> int(0) ["max_image_width"]=> int(1400) ["image_full_width"]=> int(900) ["percent_width"]=> int(1) } [1]=> array(10) { ["media_query"]=> int(150) ["url"]=> string(128) "" ["width"]=> int(300) ["next_break"]=> int(300) ["ratio"]=> bool(false) ["acceptable_h"]=> int(0) ["acceptable_w"]=> float(150) ["max_image_width"]=> int(1400) ["image_full_width"]=> int(900) ["percent_width"]=> int(1) } [2]=> array(10) { ["media_query"]=> int(300) ["url"]=> string(128) "" ["width"]=> int(480) ["next_break"]=> int(480) ["ratio"]=> bool(false) ["acceptable_h"]=> int(0) ["acceptable_w"]=> float(300) ["max_image_width"]=> int(1400) ["image_full_width"]=> int(900) ["percent_width"]=> int(1) } [3]=> array(10) { ["media_query"]=> int(480) ["url"]=> string(128) "" ["width"]=> int(768) ["next_break"]=> int(768) ["ratio"]=> bool(false) ["acceptable_h"]=> int(0) ["acceptable_w"]=> float(480) ["max_image_width"]=> int(1400) ["image_full_width"]=> int(900) ["percent_width"]=> int(1) } [4]=> array(10) { ["media_query"]=> int(768) ["url"]=> string(120) "" ["width"]=> int(900) ["next_break"]=> int(900) ["ratio"]=> bool(false) ["acceptable_h"]=> int(0) ["acceptable_w"]=> float(768) ["max_image_width"]=> int(1400) ["image_full_width"]=> int(900) ["percent_width"]=> int(1) } }
The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) requires you to start withdrawing money from your before- and after-tax (Roth) 403(b) account at the later of age 70½ or the calendar year you retire from an employer through which you contributed. These withdrawals are called required minimum distributions (RMDs).

If you find that you don’t currently need to use your required minimum distribution from a Traditional IRA, SIMPLE IRA, or SEP IRA and are wondering what to do with it, consider placing all or some of it into a Personal Investment Account (PIA) with Member Benefits.

The PIA is an option for investing your money outside of a retirement account. There are several tax benefits to this type of investment compared to a savings, checking, or certificate of deposit account. And, there is just one low maintenance fee of 0.35% annually on the balance of your account. There are no broker’s commissions, management fees, or confusing annuity riders—just the one fee. (Mutual fund operating expenses will still apply.)

Visit or call 1-800-279-4030 for more information about this investment opportunity.