Effective teachers are the key to student success and empowering them with the resources they need to be effective in the classroom is vital. The WEA Member Benefits™ Foundation is leading two statewide initiatives, both of which are pilot projects to create funding paths for private philanthropy to address some of the biggest challenges facing public schools in Wisconsin:
- Establishing a funding path to help provide financial support of school-based mental health for PK-12 students.
- Testing a statewide funding model from private funders to help many rural and low-income PK-12 student households connect to the Internet.
Donations to the Foundation also help us support teachers and their communities through:
- WEA Member Benefits’ Annual Student Art Contest.
- Classroom supply grants for teachers.
- Professional development initiatives for educators.
- And more.
Learn more at weafoundation.org.