Administrative Assistant – Field Services
Title: Administrative Assistant in Field Services
Reports To: Vice President of Sales and Marketing
Department: Field Services
FSLA Status: Nonexempt
Union Status: Union
Pay Grade: 5
The Administrative Assistant assists in the provision of excellent customer service to internal and external customers by providing administrative support, activity coordination and reporting, as well as word processing and other secretarial support to departmental staff. Dependability as well as accuracy and timeliness are very important and must be routinely delivered without significant ongoing supervision or technical assistance.
- Preserve and maintain information with appropriate
- Maintain high level of professionalism.
- Communicate and work with numerous internal clients including President/CEO, Vice Presidents, Managers, support staff and vendors.
- Collect, organize, and report on production, quality, or other data for use by managers or
- Exercise discretion when managing Executive and Management calendars.
- Answer phone calls and emails in a polite and professional manner. Appropriately respond to and direct email and telephone inquiries from internal and external parties.
- Appropriately respond to and direct email and telephone inquiries from internal and external parties.
- Coordinate and expedite the completion of special projects and distribution of information as requested by working with intra- and interdepartmental staff and/or external contacts.
- Work with internal staff and/or external contacts to schedule and coordinate meeting logistics; compile and distribute meeting agendas; prepare meeting materials; attend meetings to take notes; prepare and distribute minutes and follow up on action items to assist the chairperson in meeting objectives.
- Compose and prepare effective correspondence and notes for others’ review or file
- Use word processing and other software programs to create and edit correspondence and other documents; create and customize tables, charts, and templates; utilize customized formatting and styles; create and modify graphics; and perform mail merges.
- Edit written correspondence for correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, and tone. Suggest changes for author’s review.
- Use spreadsheet software to enter and manage large amounts of data, create and edit charts, modify chart options and format chart objects, use styles and custom formatting functions, work with multiple work sheets and workbooks, and use financial and logical functions.
- Assist with project management activities through use of Outlook, spreadsheets, and other project management software.
- Use presentation software to create and modify slides that include text, charts, and graphics; format presentations; and proofread for spelling and company standards.
- Arrange the printing of materials and distribution of mass mailings with external vendors and internal staff.
- Use online applications to record training presentations and upload to Member Benefits University.
- Log, track, and scans documentation; monitors assigned activities; notify the manager or other staff of status as necessary; prepare status reports for monitored activities; maintains effective and efficient filing system and assists department with record retention.
- Maintain and coordinate revisions to department procedures, guidelines, and forms.
- Troubleshoot and share expertise with department and other staff regarding the effective use of company equipment and software, communication styles and standards, the telephone systems, and to the related areas.
- Comply with departmental and administrative
- Provide backup support for other department or company administrative
- Assist with the new hire onboarding process.
- Provide training to department staff as needed.
30% — Office Assistance
- Maintain and coordinate electronic calendars for departmental
- Appropriately respond to and direct e-mail and telephone inquiries from internal and external parties.
- Review, screen, prioritize, and distribute mail.
- Perform miscellaneous clerical duties, such as filing, photocopying, collating, distributing materials, and maintaining adequate department office supply inventory and reordering as
- Assist in preparing the business plan, budgets, and Executive materials and reports.
- Perform assigned activities to ensure accuracy, completeness, and compliance with established standards.
- Coordinate travel arrangements and seminar
- Prepare expense reports and purchase requisitions using appropriate forms, online Credit Card System, and Accounting Workflow system.
- Utilize mind-mapping software to support project plan development.
- Greet and escort external visitors to meeting locations on behalf of department management and staff.
- Perform new employee onboarding activities, including all required steps in the onboarding procedure. Train new department employees on Outlook, Word, Intranet, and Member Benefits guidelines.
10% — Department Specific Duties
- Use an online seminar registration system to post seminars, track attendance, and correspond with attendees. Also serve as the contact person for inquiries from seminar registrants.
- Use a Web-based mail system to send mass e-mails to school district employees or UniServ members, and use a Web-based survey system for creating surveys.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Experience and Knowledge
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Successful experience as an administrative professional, including knowledge of current administrative practices, procedures, and technologies.
- Technological proficiency in current administrative, efficiency and management software.
- Knowledge of and experience utilizing word processing, spreadsheet, and calendaring and e-mail applications including proficiencies in Microsoft Office products Experience proofreading and editing work for proper grammar, spelling, punctuation, sentence structure, and tone.
- Commitment to excellence in customer service and other company values.
- Ability to accurately perform last-minute requests and meet deadlines.
- Ability to accurately type 60 wpm.
- Ability to effectively utilize the Internet and standard company software, including, and not limited to: MS Office Products, Teams, CRM, Calendly, GoToMeeting/GoToWebinar, Zoom, Yooz, project management software, MailChimp and any other applicable software and applications or the willingness and the ability to gain promptly.
- Ability to compose detailed correspondence and routine reports in a clear, concise, logical, and effective manner while utilizing proper grammar, spelling, punctuation, sentence structure, and tone.
- Ability to organize and appropriately prioritize work and complete all work accurately and in a timely manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals by demonstrating skill in listening, answering questions, responding appropriately to difficult callers, taking accurate messages, and directing calls.
- Ability to assist in researching assigned topics and projects
- Documenting and updating processes and procedures and training staff.
- Ability to identify problems and independently collect, logically organize, and analyze information and/or data in order to make appropriate decisions or recommendations.
- Ability to efficiently and effectively coordinate multiple activities and/or the work of others and achieve appropriate results.
- Ability to work as a constructive member of a team, sharing technical expertise as needed.
- Ability to quickly, effectively, and continually adapt to changes in work duties, processes, and technologies.
- Ability to perform basic mathematics (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages) accurately and determine when each is required.
Preferred Experience, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Prior administrative support experience including two to three years of experience supporting a management position.
- Experience supporting and assisting others with personal insurance and/or financial service
- Associates Degree in Administrative Professional or related field.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
These physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities.
- Work is primarily performed in an office environment with minimal exposure to injury.
- Must be able to lift and move up to 20 pounds.
- Ongoing daily use of computers and telephone.
- Walk, sit, stand, bend, climb, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk, hear, read, count, and write.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to focus.
- Must be able to work with frequent interruption.
- Low to moderate noise level.
To apply for this position, please send your cover letter and resume as well as the completed employee application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Print, sign, and scan your application document and attach it to the email with your resume. OR mail your employee application separately to:
The Employer Group
c/o Mike Beringer
1000 Solar Ct.
Verona, WI 53593