RSS Feed

Financial Fitness Blog

Consider renters insurance in your back-to-school plans

(Insurance) Permanent link   All Posts

Mark DannehlIs your child heading to college this fall with plans to rent? If they are still your dependent and attend college, they may be covered on your home policy. Even so, there are a few reasons you may want to consider purchasing a separate renters insurance policy for your college-bound child.

1. The deductible on a renters insurance policy may be less than on your home policy.
2. If there is a claim, it will not show up on your home policy and possibly affect your premiums.
3. Renters insurance is relatively inexpensive.

In fact, depending on the amount of coverage and the deductible, a typical renters policy with Member Benefits starts at $6-$7 per month.

Whatever you decide, don’t forget to take an inventory of your child’s belongings in case something happens. 

Give us a call at 1-800-279-4010 if you have any questions, would like a renters insurance quote, or would like to know more.

Mark Dannehl, Personal Insurance Consultant

Certain policy exclusions and limitations may apply. The terms and conditions of your coverage are exclusively controlled by your written policy. Please refer to your policy for details. Underwritten by WEA Property & Casualty Insurance Company.