RSS Feed

Financial Fitness Blog

I’m considering retiring out of state. Can I keep my WEA P&C insurance?

(Insurance) Permanent link   All Posts

Mark Blog PhotoBecause WEA P&C is only licensed as an insurance carrier in the state of Wisconsin, we are not able to provide coverage for non-Wisconsin residents. So, if you decide to take up permanent residence outside of Wisconsin in retirement, you will have to find another insurance carrier.

Snowbirds who choose to go south or elsewhere for an extended period continue to be eligible as long as they maintain their primary residence in Wisconsin. However, vehicles licensed in another state for use during their stay cannot be included on their WEA P&C policy. Also, we are only able to provide home, condo, or renters insurance for property inside of Wisconsin.

Mark Dannehl, Personal Insurance Consultant